Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting better....

Yesterday I had a revelation: Absence from pain is an unbeliveably wonderful thing! After the episodic pain of my kidney infection, each time it dissapeared it left me feeling 'high',  genuinely high, in fact it was a real super quality high and all achieved by ....erm...'natural' means! Maybe my bloodstream was flooded with endorphins. If thats the case... where can I score me some?

But 'seriously folks' it really did make me appreciate that every waking moment free from pain is something to be savoured, but... how to hang onto this impression? I've been free from pain for over 36 hours now and almost every minute I have had at least a fleeting thought as to how marvellous this is! I know that sadly, this feeling will fade...

What a fab example of the ying/yang principle though, no pleasure without pain etc etc....

I have just reviewed some of the new Architects material and I have to say that I'm totally blown away by it. Its funny cos they've made no secret of their admiration for Coldplay and other stuff that is ( seemingly, at first listen anyway) a gazillion miles away from the 'racket' that they churn out. Well, I suspect quite a lot of people are going to be in for a serious shock, not least a significant proportion of thier fanbase, cos the new stuff is such a progression, delving deeply into the realms of melody and conventional song structure that they are bound to attract some criticism from the hardcore meatalcore folk but I am convinced that this new album will see thier entry into a new and higher stratum of recognition. I can really feel it, I'll be interested to see if this prediction actually comes true because despite trying hard its ultra difficult to be 100% objective when talking about ones offsprings efforts. What can I say! The new album will be FUCKING AMAZING!

Not quite sure where it comes from tho' me Mum was quite musical and my sister , heather can knock out a chune on the piano, guitar, etc etc but this is something else, the ability to create a 'new' tune, seemingly from thin air!

Whatever.

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment