Monday, March 29, 2010

Unboxed and set up.

One of my sons remarked to me how easy he found setting up his iMac and its true! An unbelievably smooth and easy experience. As soon as up and running I downloaded Firefox 3.6.2, Lightroom 3 beta and Skype. A bit puzzled about the final stages of the download but it all worked out in the end.
The first impressions? WOW is probably number one. Its like a computer from the future or from some parallel universe where things are really nicely designed and all work well. Its absolutely amazingly fast and runs lightroom 3 like lightening. All in all a very positive experience thus far, No negatives. OSX is pretty damn intuitive but I'll clearly have to read my Rough Guide to Mac and OSX very carefully to ensure I'm in the groove. Was agonising over 21.5 vs 27 inch. Sitting here looking at the 21.5 inch screen it seems VAST to me and so I am more than happy with the decision I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment