Monday, August 17, 2009

AM I A NEO –LUDDITE?

Excuse me while I just optimize some mission-critical methodologies, leverage our real time infrastructures, enable a front-end paradigm or two and recontexturalise a few
next-gen deliverables…….
I find myself growing increasingly frustrated and yes, even a little angered by the growing trend of hiding simple and obvious business practices or procedures behind an increasing lexicon of bizspeak bullshit. Here in India its an epidemic far more contagious than H1N1 and this is not because of the obvious conclusion that it is used by stupid people to make themselves sound clever (although I have no doubt that there is an element of this), rather it is a combination of the ‘emperors new clothes’ effect combined with a blind and unquestioning adherence to the idea that new stuff is somehow better than old stuff.
In fact questioning this new stuff is actually the new blasphemy so implicitly is it assumed to be the way ahead. So I have to be careful, I have to be seen to be embracing the newspeak enthusiastically lest I should be dubbed ‘negative’ heaven forefend that there should be ‘degrowth’ in my ‘attitude profile’!

No comments:

Post a Comment