Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Twitter.....WTF????

OK, so now I know I’m getting old: I have tried, honestly I have but no matter how much I read, mo matter how many ‘Twitter made simple’ explanations I’ve read ( and re read) I simply cannot make out what twitter is supposed to be or why it is , apparently something to get exited about. I cant figure out how to send tweets to people, only out into the void, I cant figure out how to receive tweets from people, I don’t understand whether I do it from my phone ( or how) or from my computer, the websites that purport to make it all simple are full of jargon like ‘RSS feeds’ that leave me feeling that I’m some kind of idiot.
So, not only do I not know what it is or what it is for, I cant figure out how to use it or how to set it up… Thus far in my 55 years I’ve been able to figure out how to use lots of software, how to fix my computer when it goes wrong, I can blog, I can mail, I can skype, heck I can even facebook but twitter has me completely stumped. I actually want to be able to read my sons tweets but have been completely unable to do so. What is more nobody I know has got a clue either which is a tiny bit scary, we’re excluded from something and we don’t even know what that something is! Personally I blame the creators of the website, there is no attempt at explaining anything in real English, its assumed that you’re part of the facebook generation and if you’re not then FU pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment