Thursday, August 27, 2009

Enjoyment

I think I may have spotted a gap in the market:

Enjoying yourself lessons!

Yes, for only £50- an hour my team and I will teach people how to enjoy themselves. Well, I seem to enjoy myself most of the time, so I guess I must be reasonably good at it. Therefore I should pass my expertise on and there certainly seems to be lots of folk out there who clearly never learned or perhaps could simply do with a refresher course and for a reasonable sum I will provide. When I think of the number of people who suffer depression and all those happy to shell out for all manner of ‘therapies’ I think I could be onto a winner, I could establish a Jeaunse School of Enjoyment franchise and really coin it. There would be modules on:

Having fun

Experiencing pleasure

Having a laff

Being happy

The roots of joy.

Advanced enjoyment

Enjoyment theory

How to rid yourself of guilt

Effective enjoyment

Naïve enthusiasm

Practical work would be great!

Of course, one shouldn’t laugh (well, not all the time anyway) this enjoyment business is, after all a serious affair and of course there’s no easy route to enjoyment, one needs to practice and practice. When I see how seriously people take so many enjoyable things like listening to music, looking at art, tasting wine I find myself thinking that what these people need is enjoying yourself lessons, they seem so grave. And I absolutely don’t buy that crap about being ‘grown up’ either. Having fun is, for me one of the great pleasures of life and its maybe time that I started advertising the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment