Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Eye eye....

Back to the eye doctor this evening for another round of ‘guess what’s wrong with Jeaunse’s eyes’ the three sets of eye drops that were prescribed for me last Wednesday have eased the irritation but they’re still red and inflamed and they’re still watering like crazy all the time. So, it’ll mean a trip to Vashi – The Big City – with all its manifold glittering attractions. I’ve decided that I’m going to go mad and treat myself to a bottle of Sula ‘Dindori’ Shiraz. Which I am going to drink all by myself tee hee. A colleague from the UK is flying out on Saturday so I am going to savor my last couple of solitary evenings, he’ll be here until after I depart so the rest of my stay will be more social. Got my air tickets for Delhi today as well, I’m off on Monday afternoon, not my favorite place to be honest and looking at the weather forecast, 36C and torrential rain I fear this feeling will only be compounded. Still I will be staying in my companies guest house which I have to say I love, its in a very middle class area which means only five beggars per person rather than the more usual ten, and theres a nice park around the corner where one can pick ones way through the litter and turds for a stroll of an evening. I’ll be being looked after by the venerable ‘Panditji’ who does so like to ply me with his wonderful fragrant Chi and who makes the worlds best masala omlettes, he’s a little wizened old guy of an indeterminate age who always wears and old blazer over his dhoti and who always calls me ‘Chris Sir Sahib’, his home cooking is renowned throughout the company, almost makes the journey worthwhile ( but not quite). Delhi is a pig of a place in general, a huge sweaty crumbling traffic jam with a small area that’s quite picturesque where the government buildings are and a huge new modern ( but already crumbling) industrial area called Noida which is where I’ll be spending my days. However, I just know that the time will simply zoom past as I’m going to be very busy doing presentations and training courses in the day and wining and dining in the evenings, before I know it I’ll be back in Mumbai again and will have only a week remaining before returning to the bosom of my homeland.
And today the sun has come out and with it swarms of butterflies, it almost feels like being on holiday, driving to work this morning my driver spotted something in a tree and we shuddered to a halt, a beautiful Spotted Eagle sitting impassively in a tree by the side of the road and me without a camera! Still a good omen for the weekend when, if the sunshine continues I’ll be out in the local mountains for some serious birding.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment