Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bonus post! Not avaialable on email!

I’m really getting into Flickr. It is a really well designed site with hidden depths that I’m constantly uncovering, it has already put me in touch with some new folk both in India and the UK and it’s a really great resource for the provision of a little creative stimulation. Everybody seems very polite and a minor criticism is that there is little or no negative comment: ‘What a pile of utter SHITE mate’ or ‘Lets face it, you are not a natural photographer’ would be nice once in a while instead of the endless ‘Coo’s and ‘wow’s that seem to be the stock in trade of the average flickr commenter. I fancy trying it (‘Call that an image? Fuck off and die you fucking wanker’ might be fun) but am scared that I might be drummed off the site, in fact I’m sure I would if I gave free vent to my dislike of some of the stuff that’s uploaded. But the majority of the content that I’ve seen has actually been of a disturbingly high standard, so much superior to my own efforts that I am spurred on to greater creative heights, well that’s the theory anyway. I just wish more of you posted stuff on Flickr, it’s a great way to share pics.
Oh dear, today the weather is completely overcast, there’s even flecks of drizzle on my office window, this is NOT what I flew five thousand miles to experience and makes even mediocre photography difficult. Come to that my apartment doesn’t seem to offer much in the way of subject matter once the view from the balcony has been snapped, nevertheless, I have a theory that a really good photographer could take a good picture in a completely white or for that matter, black, cell and am setting myself a challenge of producing a really good image taken in the apartment. Have been plagued by leg cramps in the night of late and its getting worse, its just soo painful as well, I am suspecting that it’s the Statins I’m taking ( thanks Figrat) and am going to stop taking them from today following a night of torture.
Did I say drizzle? Well in the last hour or so it has metamorphosed into a biblical deluge, there will be tears before bedtime I fear. But as it’s a weekday and I am ‘at work’ I don’t really mind, however, come the weekend I’m off to Phansad and the weather had better have cleared up. I can honestly say that I have never known rain like this ( or even just ‘rain’ come to that) in Mumbai in November, its odd, very odd.
So I’ll hunker down in front of the box tonight, BBC entertainment is surprisingly good, a veritable oasis of intelligence and culture in a sea of lowest common denominator, short attention span shite. Its always fun to sit with my Indian staff and watch them trying to figure out something like Blackadder or The Office, I’m rolling around creased up with laughter and they sit with completely straight faces, of course the tables are turned when its an Indian comedy, which are all, without fail, the most childish slapsick imaginable and which they, in common with many Indians seem to find utterly hilarious. Maybe one day I’ll learn to love it or will finally discern the deeper subtleties amongst the fat men falling over, and over, and over…….

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment