Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Whats got into J?


The saga continues: Have been prescribed Viatmin E and B in high doses as well as dietary supplements. These have had no effect save to make my skin burn and my feet swell up like balloons. Have had tests for thyroid, blood sugar, cholesterol and a few other things that I don’t understand, as on the form it says something like T4F – within normal range..?  Then I got prescribed more different vitamin supplements and a paracetamol /muscle relaxant which, thanks be to ( insert personal deity) works, in that If I take one an hour before going to bed then I can sleep through the night, unfortunately when it wears off the muscle spasms just come back. Then I threaten to fly home and am sent to a ‘top doctor’ in South Mumbai. He tells me that if I keep taking the vitamins It will get better. Whilst in his office my attention is drawn to a book on the shelf behind him. ‘The Orgasm’. He has asked for more tests and so yesterday I gave more blood, a urine sample and have my chest shaved for an ECG which I do on a treadmill. My BP starts at 130/88 and ends at 170/90, the machine spews out reams of graphs but what they mean I know not. Today I saw my doctor again who tells me that all the new tests show that there is no problem. I am told that if I keep taking the tablets it will go away. I ask the doctor what is it that I have got, what is causing the PMNP? He told me ’Your nerves have been slightly over exerted’. Gee thanks, now I understand.
So, condition still exactly the same, painkiller/muscle relaxant provides temporary relief, am told ‘it will get better’ give it time.

No comments:

Post a Comment