Monday, November 16, 2009

Statins - Warning!

I’m ill, or at least, I feel like shit. I have developed a tendency for my calf muscles to cramp when I lie down and its getting worse and worse. My legs twitch and ache all the time and the combination of these two delightful symptoms means that I can’t sleep and so am turning into a zombie during the day.
Having discovered that a significant minority of people who take statins get these symptoms I immediately stopped taking them. The sympotoms have not diminished in fact they have worsened and now, to my delight, I have discovered that it is apparently dangerous to stop taking statins abruptly….
I’m due to see a doctor but my confidence is low and being 4000 miles from my family doctor at home makes me feel a bit helpless. What do I do? Resume taking the things that may have caused this reaction in the first place?? Wait? I really dunno but I’m slowly going mad! I’m drinking tonic water ( quinine helps with cramps) I’ve upped my intake of bananas for the potassium, I’m drinking several litres of water a day but all to no avail. Now I am getting muscular spasms in my arms as well.
Oh shit.

1 comment:

  1. are you taking CoQ10?
    and read up stuff at
    http://www.freewebs.com/stopped_our_statins/

    ReplyDelete